Advice for internet traders on what to include on your website.
Find out more about consumer laws in New Zealand:
Information for retailers.
What to include on your website
We strongly encourage you to include the following information on your website:
- Provide address and contact details - phone, fax, email and street address (not just a PO Box number).
- What extra costs are there – for example delivery, postage & handling.
- Explain how your online payments are secure.
- Explain your return, exchange, or refund policies.
- Tell customer how they can complain and which disputes resolution processes apply (eg, Ombudsman Scheme or industry code).
- Say which legal jurisdiction applies to the transaction (yours or the customer's country).
- Show what currency the purchase is in.
- Clearly state any restrictions or conditions that may apply to the purchase (such as geographic restrictions or parental/guardian approval for minors).