Information for business on how to comply with product safety standards and information on product recalls.
- Requirements for importers and retailers
- Product safety is the responsibility of anyone who imports, distributes or supplies consumer goods under both the Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act.
- Product recalls
- Compulsory product recalls, when to recall a product.
- Guidelines for product recalls
- Information for suppliers on how to carry out a product recall.
- Product recall checklist
- A checklist for you to use if you need to carry out a product recall.
- Making sure products are safe
- Everyone in the supply chain should take responsibility for product safety - from manufacturer or importer, through to retailer and, to some extent, consumer.