Your consumer rights with goods. Plus advice for before you buy and what to do when you've got a problem.
- Faulty goods
- Your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act if goods don't work, break too easily or don't do what you expected them to do.
- Second-hand goods
- The same laws apply to second-hand goods as to new goods. But which law applies depends on where you buy your goods from.
- Commercial goods
- Goods for commercial use might not be covered by the Consumer Guarantees Act.
- Product safety
- What to do about an unsafe product, product recalls and alerts, notify a product safety concern, keeping kids safe, advice about buying and using particular products.
- The basics on warranties, guarantees and extended warranties.
- Unsolicited goods
- Unsolicited goods are items sent to you which you didn’t order; your rights about these types of goods and what to do if you have got a problem with returning the goods.
- Weights and measures
- Buying goods by weight or measure.
- Fuel quality
- Your rights when buying fuel.