Your consumer rights with goods. Plus advice for before you buy and what to do when you've got a problem.
- Faulty goods
- What to do if you've bought goods and they don't work, break too easily or don't do what you expected them to do.
- Second-hand goods
- The same laws apply to second-hand goods as to new goods. But which law applies depends on where you buy your goods from.
- Commercial goods
- Goods for commercial use might not be covered by the Consumer Guarantees Act.
- Product safety
- Covers general product safety tips, ladder safety, toughened glass, wheat bags, investigating unsafe products, reporting unsafe products and formeldehyde.
- The basics on warranties, guarantees and extended warranties.
- Unsolicited goods
- Unsolicited goods are items sent to you which you didn’t order; your rights about these types of goods and what to do if you have got a problem with returning the goods.
- Weights and measures
- When you buy goods by weight or measure, you want to know that you are getting what you pay for. Weighing and measuring equipment used by traders must be checked regularly to make sure that it weighs or measures accurately.
- Fuel quality