Your consumer rights when buying motor vehicles. Plus advice for before you buy and what to do when you've got a problem.
- Before you buy a vehicle
- What to look for when buying a vehicle, buying a vehicle from a trader, in an auction or from a private seller. Buying a vehicle on credit, checking if money is owed on a vehicle, checking if a vehicle is stolen, checking for wear and tear, and the Consumer Information Notice (CIN).
- Got a problem with a motor vehicle?
- The common types of problems you may experience after buying a vehicle and what remedies are available.
- Rental car problems
- What to do if you have been charged for damage after renting a car.
- Keep your car
- If you have bought your car on credit you might be wondering what happens if you can’t keep up with repayments, or if the car suddenly breaks down. The good news is that you have rights, and if you take action now you may be able to keep your car and keep mobile.
- Find out the true cost of the credit agreement you are getting into for your car.
- Motor vehicle glossary
- Terms and definitions we use when talking about buying a vehicle and the consumer issues associated with it.