Before you buy a vehicle
What you need to know when buying a car or other motor vehicle.
- Buying cars or other vehicles – what you need to know
- Things that all buyers need to know about or check before buying a car or motor vehicle.
- Know your rights under consumer law
- You have certain rights under consumer laws when you buy a car or vehicle.
- Checking Warrant of Fitness and trader registration
- When you’re buying a car or motor vehicle, it’s important to check the Warrant of Fitness is up to date and the motor vehicle trader is registered.
- Consumer Information Notice
- Find out what details a Consumer Information Notice on a car or motor vehicle should include and what to do if it’s missing, inaccurate, not completed or misleading.
- Checking the quality of a vehicle
- How to check the condition and quality of a car or motor vehicle you’re buying.
- Checking if money is owed
- How to find out if a previous owner still owes money to a finance company for a car or motor vehicle you’re buying.
- Buying from a business
- Things you need to know about or check if you’re buying a car or motor vehicle from a business.
- Buying a vehicle on finance
- Things you need to know about or check before you buy a car or motor vehicle on credit.
- Buying a vehicle for business use
- Your rights if you buy a car or other motor vehicle for a business.