Your consumer rights when shopping at a shop, at home or at an auction and your rights about how you pay. Plus advice for before you buy and what to do when you've got a problem.
- Where you buy
- Different laws apply when you buy in different ways. Find out your rights and what to do if you've got a problem.
- How you pay
- Information on pricing of goods and services, shopping on layby and using gift vouchers.
- Change of mind refund
- What to do if you've changed your mind about goods you've bought. If you are returning the goods because they are faulty, the Consumer Guarantees Act may apply.
- Shop stock breakages
- When you enter a store you have a responsibility to take care around goods for sale.
- Trader gone out of business
- What your rights are when a trader or shop has gone out of business and what you can do to try to get your money or your goods back.