Policy in development
Current policy projects by topic - providing an outline of the project, progress and links to related documents.
- Credit review
- Government's review of the consumer credit laws to better protect consumers from irresponsible lenders.
- Consumer law reform
- The Government is revising consumer law to help consumers transact with confidence and support honest business practices. Ten laws are being changed, including the Consumer Guarantees Act and the Fair Trading Act.
- Consumer Law Reform - Key points
- Key points around the Consumer Law Reform.
- Financial service providers disputes resolution regime
- The Ministry of Consumer Affairs (now Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment) has developed guidelines to assist schemes applying for approval to be a financial service provider disputes resolution scheme.
- Financial summit
- The Minister of Consumer Affairs hosted a Financial Summit for credit providers and community agencies on Thursday 11 August 2011.