I gave them my bank details
Contact your bank's fraud department. Cancel your cards.
What should I do right now?
- Call your bank immediately so they can suspend your account. Ask to speak to bank staff that specialise in security or fraud for assistance.
- Credit card companies can reverse a fraudulent transaction if contacted soon enough.
In the future
- Never respond to an email asking you for your PINs or passwords. Your real bank will never do this! They will probably be fake and lead to a scammer.
- Do not try to contact your bank using any details in a suspicious email or website - they could be fake and take you directly to the scammer. Use contact details from the phone book.
- Never send your personal or credit card details by email unless you completely know and trust the person or organisation.
Last updated 12 May 2010