Every endeavour has been taken by Consumer Affairs to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date. The legal information contained in this website is intended as a general guide and is not a detailed legal analysis.
- The information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements.
- Visitors to the Consumer Affairs website should take specific advice from qualified professional people before undertaking any action following information received from this website.
- The Crown does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise for any action taken as a result of reading, or reliance placed on Consumer Affairs because of having read, any part, or all, of the information in this website or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in this site.
- All links and references to other websites, organisations or people not within Consumer Affairs are provided for convenience only and should not be taken as endorsement of those websites or information contained in those websites nor of organisations or people referred to.
- Consumer Affairs also does not implicitly or impliedly endorse any website, organisation or people who have off-site links to the website.
All visitors who ignore this disclaimer do so at their own risk.